Jason J. Sprenger, APR
My name is Jason Sprenger and I am the president of Game Changer Communications. I founded the agency in 2012 to help organizations propel themselves forward using the entire spectrum of public relations.
Before starting Game Changer, I led North American PR for FICO and built a successful corporate PR department at data storage firm Xiotech (now called X-IO Technologies). I have also held various roles with three Twin Cities public relations firms. I have worked for a wide variety of organizations, from large to small and public to private, and have been a corporate, agency and freelance counselor. As a result, I have seen the PR industry from as many angles as anyone and learned how to drive success no matter what the challenge or situation.
In addition to my professional duties, I was the 2016 President of the 400+ member Minnesota Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America, an active member of the SXSW Programming Committee and a former Board member of The LEAD Project, a nonprofit organization that works to develop and empower Minnesota’s next generation of civic leaders. I speak regularly to Minneapolis-area colleges and universities as well as national events and conferences. I have also been Accredited in Public Relations (APR) since 2009.
In my personal life, I am the father of two young sons. In my spare time, I volunteer as much as possible to the community, participate in various committees at my church, play in the University of Minnesota Alumni Band, participate and fundraise for Relay for Life (American Cancer Society) and Heart Walk (American Heart Association) events and coach my sons’ sports teams.
Thank you for visiting, and we look forward to serving you.
Awards and Credentials
- Accredited in Public Relations (APR) since 2009
- IABC Bronze Quill Award
- PRSA Bronze Anvil
- Gold, Silver and Bronze SABRE Awards
- PR News Platinum PR Award
- Minnesota PRSA Classics Awards (including Best of Show)
- Named a Business “Mover and Shaker” by the Minneapolis Star Tribune
- Panelist, 2010 Executive Business Breakfast sponsored by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal
- Judged 2007-2010 PRSA Bronze Anvil Awards
- Judged 2011 PRSA Silver Anvil Awards
- Judged 2007 Chicago PRSA Skyline Awards
- Judged 2008 Utah PRSA Golden Spike Awards
- Judged Minnesota PRSA Dr. Willard Thompson Scholarship (2010-2013)
- Regular guest lecturer at the University of Minnesota, University of St. Thomas (Minn.) and Metro State University (Minn.)
- 2014: PRSA Midwest District Conference – Springfield, MO
- 2015: PRSA Counselors Academy Spring Conference – Laguna Beach, CA
- 2015: PRSA International Conference – Atlanta
- 2015: PRSA Midwest District Conference – St. Louis
- 2016: PRSA Sunshine District Conference – Miami
- 2016: PRSA Professional Development Conference – Springfield, MO
- October 2016: Keynote Address, St. Paul Toastmasters 75th Anniversary Gala – St. Paul
- June 2017: PRSA Professional Development – Orlando, FL